So after watching Kid Nation in class, I am slightly embarrassed to say that I wouldn't mind watching the remainder of the episodes. I still think that some of the kids were a LITTLE too much to handle...they reminded me all too much of my niece who has a demonic streak. Sofia..I have no words for her. I can't remember his name, but the little goober with the fro and the glasses was my all-time favorite. A little joker. I also loved the little Asian boy with the adorable pudgy cheeks who looked like he had one tooth. Every time he came on the screen (which wasn't often) I giggled - soooo freakin cute.
From what I had read before watching the show, I had figured that the children were to completely create their own society on their own. The networks "guidelines" made it just another scripted reality show out of the hundreds that are already on tv. I thought the upper/lower class totem poll was ridiculous. It made sense, but I think the kids would have been able to realize it on their own that they needed to assign jobs to one another. I did not like the council at all. I thought Michael..or whatever his name was, acted almost like he was "all-time-supreme". It clearly went to his head.
I have to say that after watching it in class, it changed my opinion about the show. But Sophia still annoyed me. I really think the kids would have done well ON THEIR OWN, without the help of scripts from the network. For once I would love to see a reality show that didn't have any type of 'acting' in it - just letting people be who they are.

1 comments:
I love that you came back to talk about Kid Nation after class... I think that many folks had a different perspective after watching that episode!
Post a Comment